According to Jojo Flores of Plug and Play Tech Center, "Essentially, we are calling on Filipino start up companies involved in technology, including consumer web, internet, mobile, wireless, social media, gaming, software, hardware, clean and biotech. We prefer that the company has an authentic and owned IP with at least 2 founders who aim to solve a real and urgent problem. Finally, we prefer that the company already has an existing product (post idea), and if it’s already launched, with market traction and revenue. The startup must be looking for funding and/or globalization."
Here's more info:
WHEN: The competition date will be on February 9, 2010, Tuesday, 9am to 3:30pm.
WHERE: SMX Convention Center, Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
HOW: To join, simply email Plug and Play Tech Center at email@example.com for details and instructions. Deadline of submission of company executive summaries is on January 29, 2010, 5pm PST.
- A short-list of 30 contestants will be chosen to present to a panel of international investors (venture capitalists and angel investors).
- Each company will do an “elevator pitch” of 4 minutes each.
- At the end of the competition, 3 winners will be chosen.
- Plug and Play Tech Center will help the winners in Silicon Valley on a 3-month VC fund raising mission.
- Each startup will be presented to 10 top-tier VCs.
- Each startup will receive mentorship from Plug and Play’s pool of Business Relationship Managers and Executives in Residence.
- The startups will participate and be featured at Plug and Play’s PACT and/or EXPO events, which are bi-annual international startup competitions held at Plug and Play.
- The startups will have a chance to participate in one of Plug and Play’s Entrepreneurship University sessions.
Good luck to all participants!